Specialist Nursing Clinics
The nurses run specialists clinics for patients who have long term conditions such as:
- Heart Conditions
- Chronic Kidney Disease
If you have one of the above conditions you will be written to by the practice in order that an appointment be arranged to have your condition monitored.
Other Nursing Services
You can also book to see the practice nurse for:
- Blood Tests (at the request of a GP, or to monitor a chronic condition)
- ECG's (at the request of a GP or consultant)
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Dressing changes and wound checks
- Removal of stitches or clips
- New Patient Medicals (offered to all new patients registering at the practice)
- Pill Checks
- Cervical Smear
- Swab taking
- Vaccinations and advice (for children, travel or seasonal vaccinations)
- Injections (depo, zoladex or vitamin b12)
- Well woman or well man check
If you have any queries regarding the clinics or services offered by the nurses please contact the surgery who can advise accordingly.
Regrettably due to the increased demands on our service we are no longer able to offer an ear syringing service. We have continued to offer this service for as long as we could without receiving any funding to do so but unfortunately the Partners have had to come to the difficult decision to prioritise the services for which we are contracted by NHS England. This procedure is not included in our GMS contract. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but we are sure you will appreciate that we need appointments for things that are specified within the 'core contract of services that we have to provide'.
If you would like information about ear wax and products available over the counter please click read our Ear Care Guidance.
Alternatively Herefordshire Clinical Commissioning Group have provided this leaflet: HCCG Ear Wax Leaflet
Another option available to you is to find a private provider such as:
- Worcester Hearing Centre (5 Cornmarket, Worcester, WR1 2DR 01905 627803)
- Scott Wroe Hearing (74 Barnards Green Rd, Barnards Green, Malvern, WR14 3LY, 01684 566449)
- Hearwell Ear Wax Removal Service (Unit 2, 1 Harrow Road, Hereford, HR4 0EH, 01432 623090)
Disclaimer: St Katherines Surgery takes no responsibility for services given by other private providers.