Pharmacy First - Minor Ailments Scheme
If you or your family are suffering with one of the conditions listed below, then you do not need to wait to see the doctor or visit an emergency service. You can get advice from the community pharmacist under the Minor Ailments Scheme.
- allergies/hay fever
- conjunctivitis (sticky eye)
- eczema/contact dermatitis
- insect bites/stings
- athlete's foot
- indigestion or heartburn
- skin rashes or itches
- vaginal thrush
If you do not normally pay for prescriptions, the pharmacist will be able to prescribe medicines to treat these conditions free of charge. You are eligible if:
- you are registered with a Herefordshire GP practice, and
- you are suffering from one of the conditions listed above.
Children and babies can also be treated under the scheme if a responsible adult is present.
Click on the link below to find out which community pharmacies in Herefordshire are able to provide this service.
NHS Minor Ailment Schemes Participating Herefordshire Pharmacies
NHS 111 - dial 111 on the telephone
NHS 111 is the non-emergency number. It is fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a trained advisor, supported by healthcare professionals. They will ask you a series of questions to assess your symptoms and immediately direct you to the best medical care for you. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it is not a life threatening situation.
Local Minor Injury Units and Walk in Centres
- Ledbury Community Health and Care Centre Minor Injury Unit - open 24 hours a day.
- Leominster Community Hospital and Ross Community Hospital Minor Injury Units - open from 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday only.
- Kington Health and Social Care Centre Minor Injury Unit - open from 8am to 8pm.
- Taurus extended hours GP Services at:
Wargrave House Surgery, St Owen Street, Hereford;
The Marches Surgery, Westfield Walk, Leominster;
Pendeen Surgery, Kent Avenue, Ross on Wye
which are available from 8am to 8pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Visit their website here.